Medit Education (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in an enquiry form on our site. This can include, your name, address, University application plans and (when completing an order) your payment details. We will use this information to send answers to your enquiries only. We may also ask for further information if you are reporting problems with our website. This will be stored on our email system. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by asking us to delete these emails or any other data. Information that you provide by registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. This will be stored on the WordPress database, or email list. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by deleting your account.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. This will be stored on the WordPress database and our email system. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, deleting your account will leave the order in place but your contact details will be deleted. Please note, upon deletion your order details will also be deleted.
Information that you provide by filling in a newsletter request form on our site. This will be stored on our email software account. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time – unsubscribe at the bottom of the next newsletter.
If you contact us by email, we will keep a record of that correspondence. This will be stored on our email system. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by asking us to delete these mails.
All information will be completely erased for all systems and software used. Should you wish to be placed back onto any system, you will need to contact us again for data to be inputted again.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers (see above: Information we may collect from you). Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology, and processed by an external payment processor i.e. PayPal, Stripe or other. All work is completed and stored on secured servers and Cloud-based technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and is also dependent on the settings and firewalls of the device a customer has used. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Data is collected to ensure we tailor our services to your requirements and to complete orders to securely send resources.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- By submitting a form with your email address, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. We will use your preferences or information where we have legitimate interest in communications with you.
- To reply to your enquiries.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by phone, e-mail or SMS with information about goods and services like those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. We will never send any more than three emails per day.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to members of our company and relevant third parties which means our parent company, its subsidiaries and colleagues, or educational partners where appropriate.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you believe that we have done something wrong by not complying with GDPR please contact us in the first instance to make a complaint for which we aim to resolve. Should you not be happy with this resolution, you do have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Access to information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £5 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.